Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Beginnings (Is a beginning ever old?)

So we're shifting gears one more time. No more money hounding, no more ranting diatribes that I care about even less than you do. I'm just going to try to be the most unchatty person I know chatting it up on the internet while my wife remains the only person who checks this blog regularly (or so she says).

What's new?
Well...
1.Wrote a novel (Take that trees).
2.Applied to ten graduate schools (Take that trees).
3.Submitted my stories to nine magazines (Trees saved by timely intervention from tree-hugging internet).

My 10 year high-school reunion is coming up soon. I'm debating whether or not to appear. Part of me says I shouldn't go unless I make something of myself. Part of me says that's bunk, but then that part of me can't explain why I'm doing so much of the work in the list above. There's nothing like death's door (or a reunion) to get me in the mood to make something happen.

No comments: