Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two Steps Forward...

And as soon as I say I'm not talking about money...

Paid a Chase credit card to the tune of $2K thanks to Rachel's well-paying, though not exorbitant, teaching post. Unfortunately, during last month we put $1.7K on and another $200.00 already this month. C'est la vie. And yet, we keep motoring on. I wonder if we'll be able to save the $10K I was hoping on for our eventual move to the Big Apple. Of course, we could just forget all that of one of the ten schools to whom I've applied lets me in. Hint, hint, hint.

I personally think I deserve some reward for just navigating through the various Embark log-ins and formatting quirks. Here's an idea, oh brave institutions of learning: standardize! For lovers of standardized tests, universities seem to lack quite a bit themselves on the old standards front. Wouldn't it be a really cool idea if there was just one application that asked everything a university could possibly want to know? Then I, the applicant, could set up various log-ins for the universities and give those schools I choose access.

I understand it's too simple to possibly work, but couldn't we at least try?

No comments: